When investing in land or property, switching between units can be a bit complicated. So, if you are looking for a way to simplify your property transactions then an area conversion calculator might be just what you need! An area conversion converter is an online tool that enables the conversion of measurement of an area from one unit to another. The calculator can be used to change various units of measurement, like Acres, Hectares, Square feet, Square meters, and Square yards.
An area conversion calculator can prove beneficial in certain situations, like when converting the measurement of land area for real estate or measuring the area of a room in a unit other than the one it is measured in etc.
How to Use an Area Conversion Calculator?
You will find many land area converters available online for free. Some Smartphones and electronic devices may even have built-in calculator apps for convenience. With the use of these calculators, you can either convert between a few commonly used units or multiple units of area at a time.
Look below for the steps to use an area conversion calculator –
- Determine the source unit of measurement for the area you wish to convert
- Determine the desired unit of measurement for the area converted
- Go to the online area conversion calculator or open the built-in app
- In the source unit of measurement, enter the value of the area you wish to convert.
- Choose the source unit of measurement from the drop-down menu
- Choose the desired unit of measurement from the drop-down menu
- Check the converted unit of measurement
- Repeat the process with additional area conversions if required
Benefits of Using an Area Conversion Calculator
Here are the top benefits of using an area conversion calculator –
- Convenience – A land area converter or area conversion calculator is easily accessible online and can be used anytime from anywhere provided there is internet connectivity. Nowadays many Smartphones and Tablets also come with built-in area converter features, which makes it easier to perform such conversions on the go.
- Accuracy – Contrary to manual calculations, an area conversion calculator has accurate and precise outcomes so long as you enter the source and desired unit values correctly. This eliminates the risk of errors and miscalculations.
- Flexibility – The area conversion calculator is a flexible tool that lets you convert between different units of area measurement, from the metric system to the imperial system.
- Time-saving – A land area conversion calculator is faster as compared to large-scale, complex manual conversions, and hence, helps you save a significant amount of time.
- Learning – An area conversion calculator helps you learn about the various units of area measurement and the relationship between them. Some calculators can also tell you about the history of the different units.
Area Conversion Calculator Chart
The table below shows the area conversion calculator chart for the most common units of area measurement –
|Unit of Measurement
Using this chart, you will have to multiply the value of the area you wish to convert by the conversion factor for the desired unit of measurement. For instance, if you want to convert 100 square meters to square feet, you will need to multiply 100 by 10.764, as the value of 1 square meter is equal to 10.764 square feet. Thus, the result obtained would be (10.764 x 100) = 1076.4 square feet.
Area Conversion Calculator Formula
To simplify the whole calculation process, here is a table featuring the conversion factors and formulas for the most common units of area measurement –
|Unit of Measurement
|Square centimetre (cm²)
|1m² = 10,000cm²
|Square meter (m²)
|1m² = 1m²
|Square millimetre (mm²)
|1m² = 1,000,000mm²
|Square kilometer (km²)
|1km² = 1,000,000m²
|Square mile (mi²)
|1mi² = 2,589,988.11034m²
|Square yard (yd²)
|1m² = 1.19599005yd²
|Square foot (ft²)
|1m² = 10.7639104ft²
|Square inch (in²)
|1m² = 1550.0031in²
|1ac = 4046.85642m²
|1ha = 10,000m²
To utilize the above table, you can use the conversion factor and formula to change the area measurement from one unit to another in a second. For instance, if you want to convert 100 square meters to square feet, you can use the conversion formula 1m² = 10.7639104ft², and multiply the area value (100) by the conversion factor (10.7639104). The result obtained would be (10.7639104 x 100) = 1076.39104 square feet.
By memorizing the above table, you are sure to get accurate values for the various area conversion units without having to do manual calculations. Nevertheless, an area conversion calculator is a better and smarter way of calculation provided you fail to recall the different conversion formulas and factors.
An area conversion calculator is a new-age, smart tool available online that gives you faster, accurate results when switching between different units of area measurements. Check the area conversion formula and factors and apply the same to find the values of measurements in a jiffy.